Wills & Probate Fees
In line with the transparency rules laid down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bhogal & Co. Solicitors have a transparent solicitor fee structure for legal advice, applications, court work and in respect of our Wills and Probate Fees. We offer a range of service options to suit your needs, with the aim of helping the public make informed choices about who to instruct.
The priced listed below are for guidance only. We will give you an accurate quote reflecting the complexity and urgency of your case in advance of any work undertaken.
All Prices are subject to VAT @ 20%
If you decide to instruct us, we will request a payment on account of the legal costs we have estimated. Typically, this is between £500 and £1000 excluding vat.
In our Client Care Letter, which you will receive at the start of your case, we publish hourly fee rates for our professional staff; however, when quoting for work, we normally provide a range of potential fees to cover all work on your application.
We adopt a collegiate approach to our work, which means that lawyers of varying experience, from paralegals to qualified solicitors, may work on your case at different times. We will make clear in our client engagement letter who is responsible for your file, and we will name the remaining members of the team whom you can expect to know about the progress of your case.
Basic Will Fees – £150 + VAT
WHAT DOES A BASIC WILL INCLUDE?
- The appointment of executors
- The appointment of guardians for minor children
- A gift of your estate (your money and property) to one person or persons
- If required, a simple Trust of Residence to preserve your property or your share of a property for the benefit of beneficiaries, while allowing your partner to use it during their lifetime
WHAT DOES A BASIC WILL NOT INCLUDE?
- A Discretionary Trust whereby the whole or part of your estate in put into a trust that the appointed Trustees have the discretion to administer
- Business or Agricultural Property Trusts whereby your business assets are specifically dealt with
- A Flexible Life Interest Trust whereby the whole or part of your estate is held in trust for a Life Tenant and on his/her death to others
- Any other Trusts, including Disabled Trusts and Pilot Trusts
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FIXED FEE?
- We will meet you in person to take your instructions
- We will prepare your Will and send you a draft for approval
- Once you have approved your draft Will, we will make arrangements for you to sign your Will or, if you wish, post it to you with clear instructions of how to sign it
- We will store your Will free of charge
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE FIXED FEE?
- Complex tax planning issues (including Agricultural or Business Property Tax Relief) or the creation of complex Trusts
- If there is any doubt as to capacity, any additional work or fees incurred in obtaining medical reports
- We store documents free of charge, but may make a small charge if we are requested to retrieve documents from storage to send to you or others
We will confirm whether your matter is suitable for a fixed fee upon receipt of your full instructions. If your matter does not fall within our fixed fee service, for example if the matter is unusually complex or additional work is required (as listed above, or otherwise), we will provide you with an estimate prior to commencing work.All prices are exclusive of VAT and third party expenses.