What are the main requirements?
This category is for more experienced business people seeking to establish a business in the UK. Applicants will have an Innovative, Viable and Scalable business idea which is supported by an Endorsing Body. With some exceptions, applicants will have funding to invest in their business. This category may lead to settlement in the UK.
- Applicants must have their business proposition endorsed by a Home Office registered Endorsing Body
- The Endorsing Body will need to be satisfied that the business proposition is Innovative, Viable and Scalable
The applicants must:
- have access to at least £50,000 to invest in their new business;
- satisfy the English language requirement;
- satisfy the Maintenance requirements for themselves and each dependant family member; and
- satisfy the Home Office that they are a genuine, credible applicant. They may be invited to attend a credibility interview.
If the visa is approved, leave to enter the United Kingdom will initially be granted for a period of three years.
Subject to meeting the extension requirements, leave may be granted for a further period of two years. At Year 5, subject to meeting the requirements, the Innovator and their family members may apply for settlement, otherwise known as indefinite leave to remain.