LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY
In line with the transparency rules laid down by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, Bhogal & Co. Solicitors have a transparent solicitor fee structure for legal advice, applications, court work and in respect of our Lasting Power Of Attorney Fees. We offer a range of service options to suit your needs, with the aim of helping the public make informed choices about who to instruct.
The priced listed below are for guidance only. We will give you an accurate quote reflecting the complexity and urgency of your case in advance of any work undertaken.
All Prices are subject to VAT @ 20%
If you decide to instruct us, we will request a payment on account of the legal costs we have estimated. Typically, this is between £500 and £1000 excluding vat.
In our Client Care Letter, which you will receive at the start of your case, we publish hourly fee rates for our professional staff; however, when quoting for work, we normally provide a range of potential fees to cover all work on your application.
We adopt a collegiate approach to our work, which means that lawyers of varying experience, from paralegals to qualified solicitors, may work on your case at different times. We will make clear in our client engagement letter who is responsible for your file, and we will name the remaining members of the team whom you can expect to know about the progress of your case.
LASTING POWER OF ATTORNEY – FIXED FEE – £300 PLUS VAT PLUS REGISTRATION FEE
If you and your partner both prepare LPAs and/or you require both types of LPA then our standard charges are discounted:
- Two LPAs – £550 plus VAT
- Four LPAs – £800 plus VAT
The court registration fee for each LPA is £82 but you may not have to pay the fees if you receive means-tested benefits or a low income.
If you make a Will at the same time, we offer a 10% discount on our fees for the LPA.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE FIXED FEE?
- We will meet you in person to take your instructions
- We will prepare the Lasting Power of Attorney form and send you a draft for approval
- We will provide a certificate in Part B (where required we will liaise with another certificate provider)
- We will prepare other documents as part of the registration process
- We will apply to the Office of the Public Guardian to register the Lasting Power of Attorney
- Once registered, we will provide you with one certified copy of the Lasting Power of Attorney and store the original free of charge
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE FIXED FEE?
- The fee to register the Lasting Power of Attorney
- If there is any doubt as to capacity, any additional work or fees incurred in obtaining medical reports
- Any fee charged by another certificate provider
- We store documents free of charge, but may make a small charge if we are requested to retrieve documents from storage to send to you or others
We will confirm whether your matter is suitable for a fixed fee upon receipt of your full instructions. If your matter does not fall within our fixed fee service, for example if the matter is unusually complex or additional work is required, we will provide you with an estimate prior to commencing work.All prices are exclusive of VAT, registration fees (currently £82 unless exemptions apply) and third party expenses.