Complaints Procedure

Customer service is at the heart of everything we do and our aim is always to ensure we get it right first time in adherence with the promises we make. However we recognise things don’t always go to plan and if this happens we want you to let us know so we can say sorry and work with you to resolve your concerns. Your feedback is really valuable to us so we can understand how we can improve what we do.

Please complete our client satisfaction survey with your comments or alternatively speak with the person you have been working with at Bhogal & Co. Solicitors who will always do their utmost to resolve any issue straight away. Alternatively you may wish to understand how to formalise a complaint, in which case please refer to our complaints procedure below.

Any expression of dissatisfaction will be considered seriously and we will ensure that we respond promptly to any complaint. If you feel that we have failed to achieve an acceptable standard of service we want you to tell us. We regard it as an opportunity to monitor and improve the quality of what we do. We will investigate your concerns objectively and try to generate a positive and speedy solution.


What To Do If You Have A Complaint

In the first instance you should contact the person dealing with your case. This is usually the person named in the initial letter we sent to you at the start of your matter. You can do this either by telephone, in writing or via email. In many cases the person normally dealing with your matter will be able to resolve your problem immediately. If this is not possible we aim to provide a full response within a maximum of twenty working days. If the matter is complex you may have to wait a little longer but we will usually write to you within twenty working days to provide a full update on progress and give you an estimate as to when we can provide a full response. We have eight weeks to provide a full response.

If you are not happy with the reply provided by the person normally dealing with your case you can refer the matter to his/her supervising partner or manager. The name of the supervising partner or manager will also be found on your initial correspondence or, if you do not have this, by contacting our Compliance Team on +441215237171. The supervising partner or manager will consider your complaint and carry out an investigation and will provide a proposed solution within twenty working days. If the matter is complex and it takes longer to deal with your complaint, we will contact you to give you an approximate timescale of when you can expect a response. If we believe it would be helpful, we may suggest a meeting.

If, following investigation by the supervising partner or manager, you are still not satisfied with the response then your complaint may be referred to Firm’s Managing Partner who will ensure that your complaint is carefully examined and resolved as quickly as possible. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority.


What do to if we cannot resolve your complaint

The Legal Ombudsman can help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first.

If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint


  • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
  • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.
  • If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.


Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Alternative complaints bodies such as Small Claims Mediation, exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme. We have, however, chosen not to adopt an ADR process. If, therefore, you wish to complain further, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman.


ODR platform

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, and it relates to a contract we entered into online or by other electronic means, you may also be able to submit your complaint to a certified alternative dispute resolution (ADR) provider in the UK via the EU ‘ODR platform’.

The ODR platform is an interactive website offering a single point of entry for disputes between consumers and traders relating to online contracts. The ODR platform is available to consumer clients only, ie. where you have instructed us for purposes outside your trade, business, craft or profession.

The website address for the ODR platform


Referral to the Legal Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with our final response you may refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman will usually consider a complaint only if our internal complaints procedure has been exhausted.